Facebook disabled my account
You don’t know what you’ll have until it’s gone.
To be honest, the first thing I do when I wake up is to check my phone. I check the time, I check my Facebook notifications. Imagine the horror I felt when I saw that my Facebook account is logged out, and it was disabled!
Did I do anything wrong?
- I am using my authentic name in my account.
- It represents me (not a celebrity, pets, ideas, objects, etc.)
- I’m not impersonating anyone.
- I don’t have multiple accounts.
- I don’t use my account for spamming or harassing others.
My account was disabled by mistake.
Because of that I had to confirm my identity to Facebook. I uploaded my passport and my professional license ID. Of course, I blurred some details. The only requirement is to see the name and the birthday.
Why I need to recover my Facebook?
- It has 8 years worth of memories! Most of my pictures in high school and college are uploaded there. I would definitely miss the “On This Day” reminders.
- I use it to connect with my family and friends. My phone is basically for Facebook. I don’t even have a sim card. Haha!
- I use it to log in in various websites. Instead of going through the long sign up process, I often use the connect with Facebook option. Losing my Facebook account would mean losing many accounts in various websites.
- I use it to manage my Facebook Page. It took me 3 months to build my audience. 16,000 followers aren’t easy to have. I also use my page for business transactions. I use it to promote my blog content as well as my sponsors.
My Facebook account was restored!
- I realized that I only have 2015-2017 pictures in my laptop. I should make a back up for my pictures from 2009-2014.
- I have to manage the “Page roles” in my page. I was the sole admin of my page. The page became unpublished when my account was lost. I decided to give access to new admins.
- I only got 1,200 views in my blog that day. Facebook is really helps in gaining page views for my blog.